Many of Wrexham people will be familiar with St Giles Parish Church.
It may come as a surprise to some that we do have a Cathedral in Wrexham located on Regent Street next to the museum. St Mary’s Cathedral.
We found this extract online.
The Cathedral Church of Our Lady of Sorrows also known as Wrexham Cathedral is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Wrexham, North Wales. It is the seat of the Bishop of Wrexham, and mother church of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Wrexham
The cathedral was originally built as a parish church in 1857. Its architect, Edward Welby Pugin adopted a 14th-century Decorated Gothic style. The church replaced an earlier chapel which by the 1850s was deemed insufficient for the growing congregation. Further additions to satisfy a still growing congregation were made in the mid 20th century, in the form of the cloister and side chapel.
For more information – website
Some photos we too this week.
Please feel free to take a look inside this magnificent building when next in town.